No carrying cash involved, no heavy luggage to tote around, and no gasoline expenditures to worry about - these are all the wonders of online shopping. Clearly, the trend has become a convenient pastime and a necessity for millions of people across the globe. With just a computer and a good Internet connection at your disposal you're all set to purchase anything your heart desires.
According to research, 50 percent of Americans are doing their shopping online and 88 percent have done online shopping in the previous months. This is a good indication that the E-commerce industry is continuously thriving.
However, with all the luxuries offered by the Internet spending and losing money too quickly has become common nature for many online shoppers. For this same reason, consumers somehow learned to act wisely by always looking for the best value for their money. Similarly, business owners have created several ways to help online shoppers save money without dropping the pleasure of shopping. The following topics provide useful ideas for shopping wisely online and some great saving tips to stretch your shopping budget.
1. Type the specific keyword when searching something on the Internet. Search engines will display tons of recommended sites that match your keywords. For instance, type "discount printer ink cartridges" instead of simply typing "printers" on the search box when looking for affordable printers online.
2. Since most online shopping require credit cards and debit cards as mode of payment, make sure to deal only with online retailers that have secure online ordering system. Read feedback from people who have personal experiences with the retailer's goods and services. Also, take the time to check the company's profile which is normally detailed in the About Us page.
3. Avoid giving out your credit card and debit card information to newly emerging sites to minimize the risk of fraud and scams.
4. Take advantage of sale items and great discount deals. Cyber Monday, Back-to-School, and Christmas holidays are only some of the occasions when online retailers offer huge discounts. Subscribe to the newsletter of your favorite online retailers so that you become one of the firsts to get year-end sales and other discount notices.
5. Look for discount coupons. They are everywhere and they offered the whole year round.
Price Comparison: Check different online stores before you pick anything. You'd be surprised to see different prices for some products that have the same brand, quality, and specs. Several items are even sold at much lower prices. Always compare prices and then pick your best choice.
Site Validation: Make sure that the site you are visiting is regularly updated. Some sites are not updated in terms of stocks availability or product description. Other times, even the price for several items are not updated. So, to avoid the hassle of going through price adjustments or refunds always check existing prices, item description, discount offers and validity of redemption. If you're in doubt contact the site's customer support before adding the items to your shopping cart.
Lowest Shipping Charges: For better shopping discounts take advantage of the lowest shipping charges. Shipping fees can vary depending on the number of items you buy, where your order will be delivered, the type of shipping option you choose, and the site's shipping policy. Some retailers offer a fixed shipping cost for orders that fall on a minimum amount, whereas, others have free shipping discounts for a certain period of time.
Multiple Shipping Discount: Some websites offer shipping discount for multiple items purchased. Check the site's on-going discount policy so you know if you'd save more by buying in bulk. Likewise, check which items are included in the discount and which are not to avoid confusing prices when it's time to submit your order.
Cheaper by the dozen: You may think this is just an old geeky principle but buying in bulk does have great benefits. Some retail products are actually sold in bundle packs at lower prices. They usually make better choices than buying just one item. If time is not an issue, snoop around different websites and check out bundle offers.
Discount Coupons: Always keep an eye on discount coupons because they're excellent money-saving strategies. And the good news is they are offered by almost all online retailers. They are easy to redeem. However, make sure to read the store's policy because you can't usually combine two discounts at a time. So, when you see something you're interested in and it's included in the discount policy, simply type the discount coupon code to instantly avail the discounted price.
Best Coupon Site: The best coupon sites are those that are already guaranteed to offer reliable and trustworthy service for years. You'll know this by testimonials, recommendations, and years of existence. Visit some coupon sites and avail of a wider variety of items, and enjoy a great deal of discounts through discount coupons they are posing to every item.
Step 1: Keep track of your shopping expenditures. This is one of the most effective means to use Visa and Master Card wisely. Do not allow yourself to simply depend on visual receipts from online transactions. Duplicate every receipt or have your own manual record. In case of system failures you have something to look through and calculate.
Step 2: Review your statement of account at least once a week. It is always good to review your statement of account whether you are shopaholic or not, especially if you have purchased some items within the week. This will keep you updated on the whereabouts of your money.
Step 3: Keep track of your disposable income. Start budgeting wisely by segregating your money for shopping, for savings, for monthly utilities, and so forth. This way, all areas in your life are well covered.
Step 4: Use a pencil when writing down. Make pencil your new best friend to avoid ugly erasures in balancing your financial account. Using pencil will allow you to erase errors and make corrections neatly on your log book. So, by the time you need to review your monthly or weekly expenditures everything is looking good and neat.
Step 5: Set a goal. Before making any purchase always have a list of the items to buy. Put the most important things on top of everything; the least important at the bottom. Make sure to distribute money to different expenditures wisely and leave something for the rainy days.
High Debts - abusing your credits cards is never a good idea. In fact, just a small amount of debt can lead to a bigger financial misery if you don't know how to control your spending. Manage your finances properly by paying your credit card and loans on time.
Zero Financial Plan - The lack of financial plan can eventually lead to your own bankruptcy. So, always think before you spend. Assess what causes your monthly expenditures to rise and fall. Likewise, identify your short-term and long-term financial goals. Invest when necessary so you just don't keep your money in the bank but also augment it.
Idle Money - Idle money typically refers to your savings deposit account. Unless they are invested into something, they remain steady with just a minimal interest. Although the money may be saved for some other things; investing it in mutual fund or something else can be more lucrative for you. You may also consider putting up a new business to grow your finances. After all, business can be a good source of extra money if you know the industry you're getting into.
1. Budget - Having a budget gives you the discipline and fuels your creativity to spend only what's available. Additionally, working on a budget saves you from facing unmanageable financial troubles in the future, such as running out of money or getting into debts. When shopping online, make sure your credit card has sufficient amount to avoid overdraft fees. It's also important to make a list of items to buy and set a specific amount of how much you're willing to spend. Do not forget to set aside money for fixed expenses - groceries, utilities, school, and allowances. And finally, save extra for emergency.
2. Shopping Options - Aside from the Internet, there are several other interesting places to do your shopping. Look out for the same items in thrift stores, vintage stores, specialty stores, and other local outlets near you. This is also a good way to avoid expensive shipping fees and trim down your expenses.
3. Financial Priorities - Setting your financial priorities will lead you to a debt-free life. It is also considered an important key to build wealth by allowing you to adjust spending on things that are not necessary.
1. Use coupon code to buy cell phone accessories. To obtain your coupon, type in specific keywords such as cellphone accessories coupon code in the search engine. In less than a minute, the search result will display the top recommended sites that offer coupon codes for cellphone accessories. If you have subscribed to a newsletter, expect to receive a notice from the retailer shortly after the discount code is available. Always go over the discount policy page and check the brands where discounts apply.
2. When discounts are not available in your local stores, check online. Every day, there are a variety of cellphone accessories that are sold on the Internet at very low prices. Some may even contain promotional codes that give link to many other freebies.
3. Shop on holiday season. Stores usually mark down prices especially during Christmas. If you're lucky, you might even come across cellphone accessories being given away as freebies when you buy a cellphone of specific brand.
4. Check out newly opened stores or newly launched online cell shops. They usually give out discounts to the first 5 or so customers visiting their store.
5. Keep an eye on stores that are celebrating anniversaries. Available discounts can be as high as 50 percent. If you're a frequent shopper of the store, you might even get more for being one of the VIP customers.
1. Printable coupons are usually found online. To locate them, use specific keywords like coupon code, online coupons, or printable coupons. Search engines will then provide you a full list of recommended coupon sites.
2. Compare coupon sites in terms of requirements and validity. Take note that some online sites would require you to sign up for free membership or newsletters before you can obtain the store's coupons.
3. Do not hesitate to register in order to create an Internet-only deal with your chosen online retailer. Also include your complete address upon registering in order to receive various offers from national and local sources.
4. When printing your coupon, print out the entire page including the website address where you can find the coupon code.
5. Check and validate the expiration date and other terms of the printable coupons before printing and using them. This is to avoid fraud and scam.
1. Make use of the search engines to look for coupon codes.
2. Bookmark the sites that offer coupon codes.
3. Look for coupon code updates by subscribing to newsletters.
4. Register for free daily deals using an active email address to receive daily coupon and discount updates.
5. Build up a coupon habit. When shopping, always use coupon codes to avail of better discounts and save money.
Magazines - coupons abound in various magazines, from women's magazines to lifestyle magazine. They are usually attached in the middle or on the last few pages. Get hold of the latest magazines and take advantage on the coupon before they expire.
Product Packaging - there are occasions when manufacturers' attach coupons inside or on the packaging of their products. These coupons are typically redeemable for your future purchases.
Online - printable coupons are everywhere on the Internet. You'll find them from the manufacturer's website, grocery store websites, and other retail websites. Many of them can be used to enjoy great discounts on electronic devices, cellphone accessories, groceries, and many more.
Mails - coupons are sometimes delivered via emails or direct mails. These types are usually targeted at home cleaning products or other service-related offers.